The virtual online interactive historical map
This online virtual map resource helps teach history to students in an interactive way, changing the way history is taught. It is an interactive map with a timeline of over 370 events, each with an image or video, descriptive text, and links to reputable websites, as well as a number of animations (i.e. the boat moves or the soldiers march). Each event covers the history of Canada and the United States from the arrival of the First Nations all the way to 1867. More events will be added for the 150th Anniversary of Canada! No need to do lots of research to try to find historical videos, images, maps, timeline, or links! Now you have everything at your fingertips and you can easily present it or share it with students for reverse learning. With the license, this resource can be used at school or at home.
- 1 Educational License (Valid until Aug. 31, 2018)
- Data set that contains over 370 historical events, from the arrival of the First Nations to 1867, in Canada and the United States covering:
- Major Events
- Treaties with the First Nations
- European Explorers
- Seven Years War
- French and Indian War
- Patriot War
- American War of Independence
- War of 1812
- American Civil War
- Major Political Events
- Major Treaties
- Bilingual: French and English
- All system upgrades are Free
- Interactive timeline that you can modify
- Interactive map that you can modify
- 80 hours of videos
- Over 370 links to reputable resource sites
- Animations of military movements, explorers, migration movements, etc.
- Create maps
- Adapt maps
- Save maps
- Print maps
- Create and save your list of videos
- Operates on any device with Internet access: Smartboard, PC, tablets, smart phones, etc.
- Zoom in and out capability
The educational license can only be used for teaching purposes. Any commercial use is not permitted.